Pastor Linda Jones was born in Trinidad, West Indies. She is an ordained minister and pastors Walking on Water Teaching & Equipping Centre (WOWTEC). She also is the Founder and Director of a women’s ministry – Women of Worth (W.O.W), a ministry established to impact the lives of women, and by extension the family and the nation. Linda also hosts a weekly radio program – “Words of Wisdom” which reaches out to many who have fallen away from the Lord and church attendance but still truly love Him. The focus is to direct them to the place and Person of healing.
Her personal mission statement is from Luke 4:18-19.
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor…To heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind to set at liberty those who are oppressed Luke 4:18-19
She has a passion to see people, especially those in the Body of Christ healed in every dimension of their lives. But once they are healed, or in the healing process, it so that they can be thoroughly equipped in the Word and life skills, activated in their God-given gifts both spiritual and natural, and to see them empowered to go and fulfill the call of God on their lives to expand the kingdom of God in the earth and glorify Jesus. This vision/mission is what fuels her all the ministries, she is involved in.
Linda holds a Bachelor of Theology with Christian International School of Theology, Santa Rosa California and is presently pursuing her Masters of Science in Biblical Counseling with Masters International School of Theology in Illinois. Linda is a prolific writer and has authored several books between the years 1998-2009.
She has conducted several productions the most recent being “Out of the Ashes” which is from her most recent book by the same name – “Out of the Ashes“. Her books are:
- Daily Declaration for Kingdom Kids – a four part devotional for children ages 4-15yrs.
- For This Child I Prayed – a handbook on parenting
- Great Gifts to Give Your Children –introduces parents to a set of values they can give their children that shape their character and leave a rich legacy for generations (gifts of prayer, affirmation, the blessing, unconditional love, value of money).
- What Aileth Thee? – based on Genesis 21 the real life drama of Hagar and her son Ishmael. We learn form their experience how God loving invites us to fulfill purpose.
- Out of the Ashes – the true stories of lives of women who have been restored out of the ashes to a place of triumph. The modern-day woman is invited to meet her biblical counterpart and hear her tell her story. She is surprised how similar their lives are though they are centuries apart in time and culture.
Linda has a wide range of experience and training in ministry, from Sunday School teacher, intercessor, cell group leader, soloist, worship leader, counselor and altar and deliverance minister. She is a Teacher of the Word and teaches a study class at her home every other Wednesday. Women of Worth meets one Saturday each month. She has ministered at conferences, seminars, prayer breakfasts, women’s meetings… has served as a board member on the Child Care Board of the Government of Barbados. Linda has spoken at several community groups and educational institutions in Barbados